Senior Projects Mechanical Engineer
Seán joined R B Plant Construction in January 2017 as Senior Projects Mechanical Engineer.
Seán has over ten years industry experience working in various roles (including project management) within multidisciplinary teams. Following a mechanical services engineering apprenticeship, Seán has worked within the Rail Safety, Oil & Gas and Metals Industries.
Seán is an experienced project manager and has been responsible for numerous £m projects. Projects undertaken to date have included top-tier COMAH operator’s sites and involvement with all relevant statutory authorities including HSE, EPA, etc.
As a Chartered Mechanical Engineer Seán typically undertakes the following;
- Strategic planning of projects.
- Design of HVAC and Process systems.
- Design & Specification of Equipment including hoists, cyclones, pumps, agitators, mixers, tanks, vessels, pipework and fittings etc.
- Co-ordination of disciplines on multi-million pound projects.
- Preparation of Tender Enquiry Documents and Bid Adjudication.
- Planning, Resourcing and Costing of Projects.
- Preparation of Feasibility and Front End Studies.
- Supervision of multi-disciplined design teams and site labour.
- Witnessing of tests and commissioning of plant.
- Client liaison.
- Design Reviews, HAZOPs.
Seán holds a MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering from University of Aberdeen, UK and a BEng (Hons) in Engineering from the Open University. Sean also holds a HND, DIS and DipHe from the University of Greenwich.
He is also a member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and is a Petrofac Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering. Seán is a STEMNET and IMechE STEM ambassador.
Seán is married with two young children; his main hobbies are snowboarding and gardening.